The QuickBooks Web Connector (QBWC) is a Windows application that facilitates data exchange between busybusy and the QuickBooks Desktop software. It acts as a bridge, allowing web services and other applications to communicate with QuickBooks and sync data such as customer information, employee lists, and time. This article will help you understand and resolve common QuickBooks issues you may encounter while running the web connector and how to properly disconnect/reconnect your QuickBooks integration.
Disconnecting and Reconnecting your QuickBooks Integration
1. Open your QB company file by logging into your QuickBooks account as Admin
2. Open the Web Connector
- File > App Management > Update web services
3. Select remove on the busybusy application
4. Confirm the removal
|If the busybusy application removal fails, please escalate this to one of our Integration Specialists by using this link: https://calendly.com/bbtroubleshooting/qbd-reconnection-troubleshooting
5. In busybusy, disconnect the QBD integration
- In busybusy go to Settings > Integrations > QuickBooks Desktop Connector > Disconnect from QuickBooks > Disconnect
6. Refresh the page
7. Select the blue Connect to QuickBooks button
8. Skip to step 3 of the pop up window and download a new .qwc file
9. Open the QWC file
- Opening the QWC file will bring up the QBD web connector and busybusy should now be added as an application.
- If you run into an OwnerID/File Error at this step visit this article: https://helpcenter.busybusy.com/hc/en-us/articles/10410493350039-QuickBooks-Desktop-Unique-OwnerId-FileId-Error-Message
10. Enter your busybusy password and run the web connector
Common reasons QB connections break and how to fix them
Invalid Password for Username
Please check out our article HERE for instructions on how to fix this.
Click HERE to view our article on how to address this.
Max Connection Retries Exceeded
This error indicates that the wrong company file is opened and/or has been altered, if it’s already opened. The easiest way to resolve this issue is to shut down any open QuickBooks applications and ensure that you are logged into the correct company file. Another reason you could encounter this error is because of the customer list. busybusy syncs from your active QuickBooks customer list, which means there cannot be any empty customer names or special characters in the name field. Finally, you may see this error because of a payroll item duplication. Double check that you do not have any duplicate payroll items for your employees on record.
There was a problem adding the application
If you have disconnected your QuickBooks integration with busybusy, you may encounter this error message.
To resolve this issue, you’ll want to make sure that you have the correct permissions to run the web connector. In order to do this, you need the ability to view payroll, create customers, and create employees. Best practice is to login using Administrator credentials for the initial connection. You can also check who has full control over QuickBooks by following these steps:
1. Find the QuickBooks icon on your desktop.
|2. Right click on the icon.
|3. Select Properties.
|4. Navigate to the Security tab.
|5. Select a user.
|6. Listed down below will be a checklist of the access levels. You’ll want to make sure that the user logged in has full control.
Chat with us by clicking on the busybusy icon in the bottom right corner!
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us: 855-287-9287