Instead of tracking time to a Cost Code and/or Project throughout the day, does your company have you assign your crew’s hours to jobs and cost codes at the end of the day, or even the end of the week? Or maybe you’ve been tasked with making sure there are no unassigned hours for your crew before submitting time cards. Follow along with this article to learn how to accurately allocate your crew’s hours within Supervisor Tools with ease!
This article will focus on job costing for multiple users at one time within the app, specifically using Supervisor Tools! Depending on what your company would like your workflow to be, single users can absolutely submit their own job costing at the end of the day. For more information on submitting your own job costing, check out our article HERE!
As mentioned above, this article will be covering job costing within Supervisor Tools, specifically. Click HERE if you have not set up Supervisor Tools in your app yet, or want to learn more about clocking your crew in/out, viewing live totals, editing entries for your crew (if you have permission to do so), and much more!
- In the busybusy app, tap the 3 stacked lines in the top left corner (we call this the hamburger icon!) to open the left navigation menu, and tap on Supervisor Tools.
- In the list at the bottom of the screen, tap on the 3 dot stack in the right corner, labeled More.
- Find and tap on the Job Costing Tool from this list.
|You can move your Job Costing Tool out of the More section and onto the list at the bottom of the screen by tapping the pencil icon in the top right corner, then tap and hold the 3 stacked lines next to the Job Costing Tool to drag it toward the top of the list!
In the Job Costing Tool you will see all time entries for your crew from today that are not assigned to a Project, currently. Referencing the screenshot below, you can tap on No Job Costing, then select No Cost Codes On Project to see any entries that do have a project assigned, but no Cost codes.
Once you have selected either No Job Costing or No Cost Codes On Project, use the little arrows at the top of the screen (circled in red on the screenshot) to navigate through each day.
Assigning Job Costing
|The steps for assigning job costing can be completed in a number of different ways. Once you have an understanding of how the Job Costing Tool works, play around with different workflows to figure out what will be most efficient for your needs!
- Tap on the Assign Job Costing button in blue at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on your crews’ profile pictures/initials at the top to change the employees that you are about to assign a project/cost to, if needed. Then hit Done in the top right corner.
- If there is no Project assigned, tap into Project to select one.
- If there are no Cost Codes assigned, tap on Cost Code to select one.
- Add a description, if needed.
- Underneath Time, tap on Total to choose the amount of time you are going to assign to the selected Project/Cost Code from each employee, press OK, then tap Add in the top right corner! You can select the exact amount of hours OR an estimate of how many hours you are going to use from each employee.
- For example, if I would like to allocate about 4 hours from each employee, I’ll select 4 hours for the Total under Time, and tap Add. Then on the Review & Submit screen, I can see that one employee only had 3 unassigned hours to apply to that item, but I know 1:30 of those were spent on another task. Tap on the button displaying 3 Hours, change that to 1 hour and 30 minutes, and hit OK! Now I have another hour and a half to assign to another project/cost code.
Review & Submit
(Adding Another Item)
Once you have assigned some of your crews’ hours to a Project or Cost Code, you can use the Review & Submit screen mentioned in the example above to make any edits and job cost the remaining hours, if needed.
- If you have more hours that need to be assigned to a Project and/or Cost Code, tap on the blue Add Another Item button at the bottom of the screen and repeat the steps from the Assigning Job Costing section. You can repeat this process as many times as needed!
- Using the buttons displaying the hours spent on each activity, you can refine the total amount of hours each employee has worked on each job costing submission.
- To delete an activity you’re about to add: tap into an entry, press the trash can icon toward the top right corner, and hit Delete! Any hours that were assigned to that activity will be re-totaled with that employee’s remaining unassigned hours.
- Once you have verified that each employees’ hours are being correctly allocated, press Submit in the top right corner!
That’s all, folks! But wait, what’s the point of completing all of this Job Costing if you have to waste the rest of your time writing up a report using this data? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. To learn more about all of the different Job Costing reports you can find in busybusy, click HERE!
Chat with us by clicking on the busybusy icon in the bottom right corner!
Email us: email@example.com
Call us: 855-287-9287