Crews switch time between projects, cost codes, and equipment multiple times a day. Lucky for you busybusy has a tool that handles these switches with a tap of the finger.
On a job site it’s not just important to track time, it’s also important to track what you spent your time doing. This critical information can help a business understand labor costs, make time-efficient decisions, and build profitable bids in the future. busybusy’s time tracking system is designed to allow employees to quickly select projects, sub-projects, cost codes, and equipment before clocking in. But, how do you switch to a new project, sub-project, cost codes, or piece of equipment throughout the day? The following article will explain what the switch button is for and how to use it.
What is the Switch Button For?
In a typical workday, you might switch between projects or cost codes more times than you can count. It can be easy to lose track of what you were doing and how long you were doing it. Luckily, busybusy has a handy SWITCH button that keeps track of hours, projects, sub-projects, and cost codes without ever needing to clock out. The SWITCH button allows you to ‘switch’ your time between different projects, sub-projects, cost codes, and/or equipment while still being clocked in. Your overall time is still being tracked. busybusy simply allocates your time to the different projects you worked on.
For example, if you work on one job site in the morning and then spend the afternoon on a different job site, there’s no need to clock all the way out and then clock back in between those two projects. Use the switch button and busybusy will record how much time you spent on each job site.
The SWITCH button also allows you to switch between cost codes. Let’s say, for example, you worked on pulling wire for 4 hours and then switched to installing fixtures for 3 hours. Your overall time entry will show 7 hours for the day, however, by using the SWITCH button busybusy also breaks down those 7 hours and allocates 4 hours to pulling wire and 3 hours to hanging fixtures.
|Having a fast and simple way to switch between projects and cost codes helps ensure you have accurate job costing data for future bids, that’s why busybusy designed their SWITCH button to be fast and painless.|
How to Switch Projects, Cost Codes or Equipment on a Mobile Device
Step One: Navigate to the Time Clock screen
- Locate the small CLOCK icon in the bottom left corner
- Tap on the small CLOCK icon
Step Two: Tap on the SWITCH button
Now you will select the project, sub-project, cost code, or equipment you wish to switch to.
Note: your overall time for the day is still being tracked. Your time is just being switched from working on one project, sub-project, cost code, or piece of equipment to a different one.
Step Three: Select Project
Tap on Project
- Find the name of the project you are switching to.
- Select the name of the project by tapping on it
- If the wrong project is accidentally selected, change it by tapping on Project again and selecting the correct one.
- The name of your selected project will appear underneath the Project heading.
- If you do not need to switch cost codes, or equipment, tap the word SAVE in the upper right corner to complete the switching process. Otherwise, proceed to Step Four.
|Note: The large timer you see is showing the time you’ve spent in the new project/cost code/or equipment you just switched to. The smaller timer underneath is tracking your overall time. For example, if you worked on the Johnson Home for four hours and then switched to working on the Hudson Home, the large timer would start over at 00:00:00 and start counting up, marking the new time you started at the Hudson Home. The small timer underneath the large timer would show 04:00:00 and counting. This is your overall time for the day.|
Step Four: Select Cost Code
Tap on Cost Code
- Find the cost code you are switching to.
- Select the cost code by tapping on it.
- If the wrong cost code is accidentally selected, change it by tapping on Cost Code again and selecting the correct one.
- The name of the cost code you selected will appear underneath the Cost Code heading.
- If you do not need to switch your equipment, tap the word SAVE in the upper corner to finish switching. Otherwise, proceed to Step Five.
Step Five: Select Equipment
Tap on Equipment
- Find the piece of equipment you will be switching to
- Select the equipment by tapping on it.
- If the wrong equipment is accidentally selected, change it by tapping on EQUIPMENT again and selecting the correct one.
- The name of the equipment you selected will appear underneath the Equipment heading
- Tap the word SAVE in the upper corner to finish switching.
You can make as many switches throughout the day as you need to. If you happen to forget to switch your time to a new project, sub-project, cost code, or piece of equipment, you can make the correction by using the Switch At button. Or talk to your supervisor. Using their supervisor tools, they will be able to switch your time after the fact for you.
Chat with us by clicking on the busybusy icon in the bottom right corner!
Email us: email@example.com
Call us: 855-287-9287