Tracking which project, cost code, or equipment an employee is spending their time on is the key to an accurate labor budget. Some employers will kindly ask (i.e. beg or threaten) employees to select projects, cost codes, or equipment before clocking in. Accurate timekeeping for each of these things is a key part in helping your company make accurate and profitable bids in the future. Plus, it will make your boss really really happy if you do it and they might even give you a raise. So you should do it. Everyday. Forever.
|the busybusy software is designed to make recording hours spent on projects, cost codes, and equipment as painless and simple as possible. Here’s how you do it.
Step One: Navigate to the Clock In Screen
- The Clock In screen will automatically open when opening the busybusy app. This is your Dashboard.
Step Two: Tap on the CLOCK IN button
Step Three: Select Project
Tap on Project
- Find the name of the project you’ll be working on today.
- Select the name of the project by tapping on it
- If the wrong project is accidentally selected, change it by tapping on Projects again and selecting the correct one.
- The name of your selected project will appear underneath the Project heading
- If you do not need to select cost codes, equipment, or description, tap the word SAVE in the upper corner to finish clocking in. Otherwise, proceed to step four.
Step Four: Select Cost Code
Tap on Cost Code
- Find the cost code you will be working on
- Select the cost code by tapping on it.
- If the wrong cost code is accidentally selected, change it by tapping on Cost Codes again and selecting the correct one.
- The name of the cost code you selected will appear underneath the Cost Code heading.
- If you do not need to select equipment, or description, tap the word SAVE in the upper corner to finish clocking-in. Otherwise, proceed to step five.
Step Five: Select Equipment
Tap on Equipment
- Find the piece of equipment you will be using
- Select the equipment by tapping on it.
- If the wrong equipment is accidentally selected, change it by tapping on Equipment again and selecting the correct one.
- The name of the equipment you selected will appear underneath the Equipment heading.
- If you don’t need to type a description, tap the word SAVE in the upper corner to finish clocking-in otherwise proceed to step six.
Step Six: Type a Description
- Tap on Description
- Tap above the line to make the cursor and your keyboard appear.
- Type a short description of what you’ll be doing today. People use this description for a variety of things. If you need to capture information beyond project, cost code, and equipment you can write it here. This description can be edited and added to throughout the day.
Tap on the word OK to save your description.
- If you need to edit or add to your description tap on Descriptions to make changes or additions. Then press OK.
- Tap the word SAVE in the upper corner to finish clocking-in.
That’s it! That’s how easy it is to select projects, cost codes, or equipment before clocking in. You just made your boss really happy and a happy boss is a generous boss. 😉
Chat with us by clicking on the busybusy icon in the bottom right corner!
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us: 855-287-9287