In the mobile app, did you know any user can create a PDF of a project’s progress at the end of the day? These are called Daily Project Reports and can be used to solve lots of different problems. In addition to adding new data sources like the weather, we've built this feature to work with our existing features of timekeeping, daily sign-offs, photos, and notes.
Note: Daily Project Reports are one of our premium features. If you would like to learn more about adding Daily Project Reports to your account, please schedule HERE with one of our product specialists!
Step One: Open Project’s Details
- From your Left Navigation Menu, select Projects.
Select the name of the project you’d like to create the report under.
- If your project has subprojects, and you only want to create a Daily Project Report under that specific subproject, select the subproject’s name.
- If you want to create the Daily Project Report under the main parent project, the report will gather all time logged to all subprojects under that main parent project (as long as the author of the report has permission to track time for all of the individuals that tracked time to the project).
- Select Daily Reports.
Step Two: Creating the Report
Select the day you’d like to create this report about. Use the left/right arrows to choose a day.
- It defaults to Today.
- Select Create Report at the bottom of the screen.
- You can select a Report Type here to use a pre-made template, or hit SKIP to skip selecting a template.
- Click into each field and fill in the details adding comments and photos to the Progress and Safety section if desired.
Step Three: Previewing the Report
Select Preview Report
- You can go back and continue making edits to the report by clicking on the back button at the top left corner.
- Select Submit to save the report as a PDF.
Saving the Draft
- If you need to save a draft of your report, click the back arrow like you're exiting the creation of the report.
- Click Save when the pop up box asks if you would like to save it as a draft.
- This will save the draft to the local storage, meaning that a draft can't be shared with anyone else.
- The draft will show in your reports list on your device in grayscale to indicate it hasn't been submitted yet.
Things to Know about Daily Project Reports
Daily Project Reports can be created by anyone. When a user creates a Daily Project Report, the report will only display employees they have access to track their time for. This can be viewed in Settings >> Positions for that user, under Track Time For.
- Examples: By default, if a Supervisor creates a Daily Project Report, the report will only display employees' and the supervisor’s time. It won’t display anyone with the same supervisor’s position nor anyone above the supervisor’s position. If employees only have access to clock in their own time, and one of them creates a Daily Project Report, the report will only display data about that employee.
- The reports are saved within the Daily Project Reports section as PDFs.
- Daily Project Reports cannot be edited once created. However, if edits are made, a new Daily Project Report for the same day can be created and will show as a second revision with a date and time stamp as to when the report was created.
- If you share the report without submitting it, it won't save as a PDF.
Chat with us by clicking on the busybusy icon in the bottom right corner!
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us: 855-287-9287