Knowing how much your jobs are costing you to complete is a critical part of successfully running your business. When employees clock in, they have the option to pick what project, cost code, and equipment they will be using that day, should you choose to have busybusy set up that way. Using the information gathered from this can be extremely helpful when it comes to knowing exactly how many hours are spent on each job and what the costs are.
busybusy has several reports with features designed to show you what you’re paying to complete jobs so that you can better plan and budget for your costs. You can download, print, and export these reports to use them wherever you need. We’ll walk through those reports here.
Time Cards Reports
The Time Cards Reports are where you can find employee time entries, projects, and the cost codes they clocked into, as well as the total hours for all employees combined. Within Time Cards in your busybusy account, there are different reports to provide all the information you need.
- Summary: See if employees and supervisors have signed their time cards, as well as view Daily Sign Off question answers and regular, overtime, and PTO hours.
- Basic: View each employee’s basic time card with their Daily Sign In and Daily Sign Out question answers, as well as regular hours, overtime hours, and PTO.
- Expanded: Customize this report to choose what you would like to see, and what you don’t want to, by using the filter on the left hand side of the screen.
- Entries: This report shows employee start and end times, breaks, total hours worked, and the projects, cost codes, and equipment they clocked into.
- Event Logs (Pro Feature): This report allows you to view all employee events, including clocking out and in, edits made to time entries, and details for each.
On the Mobile App
While the individual Time Card Reports listed above are not available on the mobile app, you can still access all of your employees’ time cards. You can do this by:
- Clicking on the three horizontal lines in the top left corner to open the navigation menu
- Choose the tab labeled Employees
- Click on the employee whose time card you would like to view
Click on the Time Cards option
- From there, you can choose to view either by Entries, Week, or Pay Period by using the tabs at the top of the screen
Activity Reports give you the option to view your reports based on Projects, Employees, Cost Codes, Equipment, Days, or Date Ranges. In each view, you can see hours and costs by Regular time, Overtime, and Paid Time Off. You can also view the Total Cost and Labor Burdens for each report.
- By Project: View your Labor Hours and Costs sorted by project to get the full view of the total amount of time and money spent on each project. You could use the data collected here to help you bid on your next potential project!
- By Employee: Take a look at each employee and get the full picture of the different kinds of hours they worked, and how much it really costs for all their labor.
- By Cost Code: See how many hours are being worked based on each individual cost code, as well as the cost associated. This can be particularly helpful when it comes to seeing where employees are excelling and where they could work to become more efficient.
- By Equipment: This view of the Activity Reports will show you more details about the equipment itself. This includes the Equipment Rate, Cost, and the Total Cost of everything combined. This is useful to know as it gives you an overall view of the life of your equipment as you use it from day to day.
- By Day: View the activity that happens in your team by the day and be able to compare the days in that time period side by side. Being able to see what each individual day looks like for your company means that you can know what to expect in the future.
- By Date Range: Get an overall view of what your team's hours and costs look like over the course of a week, a month, or even a pay period. You also have the option to choose how many of those time periods you would like to see in your report.
On the Mobile App
All of the Activity Reports listed above are also available on the busybusy mobile app! CLICK HERE to view the article on where to access them and what information they display.
Chat with us by clicking on the busybusy icon in the bottom right corner!
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us: 855-287-9287