When setting up your company in busybusy, you will need to select your company’s overtime rules. Here we'll show you how to do that!
There are a ton of different ways companies pay overtime to their employees. Some are required by federal and state law (think the over 40 rule here). But employers can choose to pay overtime above and beyond these minimums. For example, the state you live in might only require you to pay overtime after 40 hours worked in a 7-day period, but as an incentive to put in longer hours, you might choose to also pay overtime to anyone who works longer than 10 hours in a day.
Need a refresher on your state's overtime laws? Click here to check it out!
Navigate to Overtime Rule Settings
- From the left navigation menu select Settings
- Select Pay Period & Overtime
- Click in the OVERTIME box
Set Your Overtime Rules
In the OVERTIME box, click the Overtime Rules drop down menu. There are four attributes you can choose from to customize for your company's overtime settings.
- Specifically refers to the overtime setting for an employee. Overtime settings can be set for the whole company by going to Settings -> Pay Period & Overtime and adjusting the overtime settings. These settings can also be adjusted on a per employee basis.
- For example, you could have your company set to a standard 40 work week overtime. But you could have a few employees use California rules by going to each employee you want to customize and changing their overtime from Follow Company to California.
- Weekly Overtime after 40 hours would be wage x 1.5
- Weekly Overtime after 40 hours (wage x 1.5)
- Daily Overtime after 8 hours (wage x 1.5)
- 7th Day Overtime (wage x 1.5)
- 7th Day Overtime after 8 hours (wage x 2.0)
This is where you can select the different settings that you have for your company's specific Overtime Rules. Here you can uncheck the boxes you don’t use, or change the Weekly, Daily, 7th Day Overtime, Saturday Pay Rate, and Sunday Pay Rate hours here. Make sure to click the Update button when you're done.
Workweek Begins Each
Here is where you will select what day your Overtime Period begins.
The date the overtime change will take effect. The effective date will also determine the new overtime period. For example, if you select Tuesday, August 1, then the new overtime period will be Tuesday - Monday.
After you choose all of your overtime settings, Submitted On will show up with the date that the change is scheduled to happen.
View Current Overtime Rules
Want a quick overview of what your Overtime Settings currently are? Here you can view your current Overtime Rule settings.
View Overtime History
Need to check previous overtime settings? You can view that information here.
Chat with us by clicking on the busybusy icon in the bottom right corner!
Email us: email@example.com
Call us: 855-287-9287