busybusy now allows you to schedule time off from within our Schedule feature! This article will go over the ins and outs of using the busybusy scheduling feature to create and manage time off for your employees.
The busybusy scheduling feature can be managed by those who have permission to Edit Time Entries for employees. To read more about positions and permissions click here.
Schedule Time Off on the Web
There are now multiple ways to schedule time off on the web.
- From the left navigation menu select Scheduling
- Click on the dropdown next to Schedule work and select Schedule Time Off at the top left
If you are scheduling time off for more than one day of work, check the box for multiple days
- Click on the dates to select the start date and the end date
- Check the Paid box if it's paid leave
- Next, choose what kind of time off it is
Choose the Employees you wish to schedule
- Option 1: Select the dropdown arrow or the circle with a + icon to select employee(s)
- Option 2: Select the circle with a + sign. Choose All Employees or a specific group. Click on the box next to the employee's name and click Submit
You can also schedule time off by clicking one day on the calendar or by clicking and dragging across multiple days!
- Once you have your day(s) selected, click Schedule Time Off
- Then just follow the same steps above to get that time off scheduled!
Edit Scheduled Time Off on the Web
If you accidentally scheduled time off on the wrong day, don’t panic! You can easily change the day by clicking and dragging the time off entry to the correct date.
If you made a mistake within the details of the time off, you can edit it by clicking on the entry itself then clicking on the pencil icon. In the options that pop up when you click on the time off entry, you can also delete the entry.
You can also copy the time off entry from one day to another. Simply double click on the date of the time off and select the Copy option. Then double click on the date you want to copy the time off to and click Paste. To copy multiple days, click and drag across the entries you want to copy then select Copy. You can paste it to the calendar by either clicking and dragging across the same number of days or by double clicking on the first day of the group that you want to copy those entries to.
Are you more of a visual learner?
In that case, here's a video that can walk you through how to do all that!
Good to know: Employee time off requests now show on the schedule calendar as well, but only after they’ve been approved.
There are a variety of filters on the right side that you can use to customize the way the schedule looks, or to view specific details.
Chat with us by clicking on the busybusy icon in the bottom right corner!
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us: 855-287-9287
Article is closed for comments.