Adding employees to busybusy gives a company the ability to track time. Employees' time data can be utilized for payroll, job costing, project activity, and much more.
Employees can easily be added either one at a time or in bulk. This is a process performed by an account administrator. Let’s do this together!
Add an Employee on the Web
Step One: Get Started
From the Left Navigation Menu select Management Lists
Click on Create in the top Left
Step Two: Fill Out the Employee’s Information
Here is the information you'll need to fill out:
- Name (employee's first and last names)
Usernames in busybusy are created by the person adding the employee, and have the following requirements:
- At least two characters (not case sensitive) and unique to busybusy
- If the username you entered is already being used you will receive an error message saying “Username is already taken” when you click Create, as shown below. You will need to create a different, unique username.
- Usernames in busybusy are created by the person adding the employee, and have the following requirements:
- Usernames can be changed in the future by either the employee or the administrator
Password and Password Confirmation
When an employee profile is created, a temporary password is created by the person adding the employee. This is the password that is included in the text message invite to download busybusy along with their username.
- **This invite link expires after 24 hours, so make sure your employees use it to download busybusy and get logged in as soon as they get it!**
- At least eight characters (case sensitive)
- Must include a letter or a number
- When an employee profile is created, a temporary password is created by the person adding the employee. This is the password that is included in the text message invite to download busybusy along with their username.
Note: We suggest using something simple and easy to remember in case the employee does not receive the SMS invite. See how to manually download busybusy and give your employees access here.
- Position - An employee’s position determines the kind of access and permissions they will have. Click here to learn more about positions and permissions.
- PIN Code - If your company is using kiosk mode you will need to create a pin. If this is not applicable please leave blank. There's a great article here on how to set up kiosk mode.
- Company - This is extra information you can add if you would like, but it is not required.
- Group - Employee groups help you organize your crews or teams. An employee can only be in one group at a time. Therefore, groups work best when the makeup of the crews don’t change often. Learn more about what Employee Groups can do for you here.
- Employee ID - If your company uses an internal identifier you can enter it here.
GPS Required - Admins can determine if an employee’s GPS settings for busybusy should be set to Required, Not Required, or Off.
When GPS is set to Required, employees will be unable to clock in to busybusy unless the user has selected Always from the system prompt.
- busybusy only records locations while employees are clocked in
- Every employee will see their location on a map before clocking in
- An employee can always see every location recorded on their device
- If an employee rejects busybusy's GPS permission but needs to enable the permission in order to clock in, they can do so by selecting busybusy in their phone's settings and adjusting its permissions to include location.
- Employees set to Use when Available will not be restricted from clocking in because of GPS settings. GPS will only be recorded if the user has granted busybusy permission.
- When GPS is set to Required, employees will be unable to clock in to busybusy unless the user has selected Always from the system prompt.
- Contact information - When an employee's phone number is added, they will receive an immediate invite via text message to download and install busybusy. We cannot resend the invitation after the account has been created. If this process fails for any reason, you can refer to our article here on how to download busybusy to help your employees with the next steps.
- Profile image- Allows employees to personalize their account with a picture. Employers can also upload a photo from their computer for this. Our system also uses that photo for photo verification if your company uses our kiosk mode. To learn more about kiosk mode go here.
Add an Employee on iOS & Android
- From the Clock In screen, select the three horizontal lines in the top left corner (we call it a “hamburger icon”) and choose Employees
- Select the + sign located in the bottom right on Android, or top right on iPhone
- Fill out Employee details as needed!
|Fields with “*” are required and must be filled.
Add Multiple Employees / Import in Bulk
Do you have a list of employees that you need to add to your company’s account? busybusy has the option to do this all at once with just a few steps! You can bulk import your employees using a spreadsheet. This function is only available from the web.
Step One: Download the CSV Sample file
- Follow these steps to download the sample file you will need to complete to bulk import multiple employees:
- From the Left Navigation Menu select Management Lists then Employees
- Click on the three dots in the top right corner
- Select Import Employees
Step Two: Creating an employee CSV file
- (Optional) Employee ID - If you're using a software that currently tracks employees with an employee ID, you can use that same ID in this column. If you don't, then you can leave this column blank.
- (Required) First & Last Names - Fill in both required fields. These are the only fields that are required in order to import the spreadsheet.
(Optional) Usernames & Passwords - Create usernames and passwords for employees. See above. If you would like our system to automatically populate these, leave both fields blank and they will be generated once you import the spreadsheet.
- Once you upload the CSV file, you'll get an error message if any of the usernames are duplicates.
- (Optional) Payroll Rate & Payroll Type - Payroll Rate is the amount of money an employee gets paid. This is their wage. Payroll Type is either Hourly or Salary.
(Optional) Phone & Email - If you add mobile phone numbers and/or email addresses for employees, they will get a text/email message with their usernames and a link to download the busybusy app. They will be prompted to reset their passwords when they log in.
- If you choose to add this information manually to each profile after the import, the employee will not be sent the text message invitation to download the app.
- Make sure you review the spreadsheet to double check that the information is correct.
Step Three: Import
- Select Management Lists in the Left Navigation Menu
- Select Employees
- Select the three dots in the top right corner (next to print icon)
- In the drop-down menu, select Upload
- Select the CSV file you wish to use
- Select Open
- Select Save and your employees accounts will be created in busybusy
Good to knows:
Adding an employee is only available for specific permission levels within the position you hold within your company. See our article about positions and permissions here.
Filling out the CSV with as much detail as possible will save you time in the long run. You cannot add the details in the spreadsheet later after the first import. Doing so will duplicate the employees.
Chat with us by clicking on the busybusy icon in the bottom right corner!
Email us: email@example.com
Call us: 855-287-9287