Does your company ever have consistent workdays that you need to manually add entries for? Do you feel like you're always adding entries that you wish you could just copy and paste? Whether you have a need to add manual time entries regularly or just on occasion, busybusy’s Time Entry Templates have got you covered!
Where to find and manage Time Entry Templates
- From the left navigation menu click on Time Cards.
- In the dropdown menu, select any of the first 4 views. (Summary, Basic, Expanded, or Entries)
- Click the plus icon toward the top right corner. (If you’ve never created a manual time entry in busybusy on the web, check out THIS article!)
- Go to the paper icon in the top right corner, called Template Menu.
How to create a new Time Entry Template
- From the Template Menu, click Manage. This is where you can create, delete, and reorder your templates!
- Click Create in the top left corner.
- Enter a Name for the template you’re creating. (This is a required field) For example, If you have crews/groups that have typical time entries, you could name the template after the group. You could name the template after an employee, if you regularly add time for the employee. Or, if you have a project with standard work hours, you could name it after the project!
|The Template Name and Start/End times are the only required fields when creating a new template. Any of the fields that you leave blank will stay blank every time you apply the template. Any fields that you fill out, will automatically enter the same details. Get creative!
- Select any Employees that you would like to create this template for. Click on the drop down box to choose one employee, or click the plus icon to the right and select multiple employees at once!
- You can use the drop down menu at the top to filter by an Employee Group and use the search bar to search within the selected group.
- Enter a Start and End time. (This is a required field)
- Add a Break. Click the Plus icon to add a specified amount of time for a break!
- Select a Project.
- Select a Cost Code. (This option will not be listed if you do not have Cost Code tracking enabled in your Time Keeping settings. Click HERE to learn more!)
- Select Equipment. (This option will not be listed if you do not have Equipment tracking enabled in your Time Keeping settings. Click HERE to learn more!)
- The very last field gives you the option to add a Description!
|Once you’ve created multiple templates, feel free to reorder them! This is especially helpful if you’ve got several templates, and want to move the most frequently used templates to the top so they’re quick to find. Click and drag a template to move it.
Use Your Template and Set a Default!
To use your template, click on the Template Menu icon from the “create time entry” form. Then, simply select a template underneath “LOAD TEMPLATE”. Make any edits to the entry, then click Create at the bottom, as normal!
If you find yourself needing to select a specific template every time you create an entry, set it as your default! Click on the Template Menu icon from the “create time entry” form, and go to Settings. Use the drop down to select a template that will automatically be applied anytime you add a new entry, and click Apply. To remove a template, click the X on the right side of the drop down menu and click Apply.
If you have employees selected in your default template and are clicking the plus icon associated with an employee -
The template will automatically only select that employee, and will not apply to the employees listed on the default template.
Chat with us by clicking on the busybusy icon in the bottom right corner!
Email us: email@example.com
Call us: 855-287-9287