Kiosk Mode is a powerful tool that allows companies to set up a centralized clock in location where employees can clock in or out, switch jobs or cost codes, or go on a break. Kiosk Mode also has a powerful photo verification setting to verify who is using the Kiosk and it works offline!
|Note: Once Kiosk Mode is configured, you can start Kiosk Mode on any mobile device logged in as a Supervisor, Manager, or Admin. There is no limit to the number of devices a Supervisor, Manager, or Admin can be signed into!|
Start Kiosk Mode
Kiosk Mode can reduce the amount of time employees spend on their own devices. Turning Kiosk Mode on creates an on-site punch clock for a job or project. If a Supervisor is in charge of Kiosk Mode, they can oversee time adjustments made on the Kiosk by an employee.
To use Kiosk Mode, your employees can set up a four-digit pin that enables them to use the Kiosk. This pin can be configured by a Supervisor, Manager, or Admin underneath an employee’s profile card by going to Management Lists >> Employees. Or the pin can also be set by an employee the first time they use Kiosk Mode. Adding a pin is optional and not mandatory for Kiosk Mode to work. This pin is meant to be private and not to be shared between employees.
Set up Kiosk Mode
- Open the Navigation Menu by selecting the three lines in the top left corner
- Select Kiosk Mode
- Click on Set Up Kiosk
- Enter the Kiosk Pin created for your employee profile
(First Time) Security Configuration Options for Kiosk Mode
- Decide if you want your employees to use the unique PIN assigned to them to verify their identity in Kiosk Mode.
- Enable/Disable Photo Verification (More information on Photo Verification found underneath “Security” below)
Photo Options (Can be adjusted later)
- Configure settings for when to require Photo Verification in Kiosk Mode.
- Countdown adjustment - Adjust speed for photo countdown
Configure Kiosk Presets (Can be adjusted later)
- Choose which Project, Cost Code, and Equipment are available for selection by your Employees within Kiosk Mode.
- Employees: Customize which employees appear within the Kiosk Mode
- Disable Breaks
- Disable Switch
- Filter items (Projects, Cost Codes, Equipment) This allows only the items you select to show up in the Kiosk.
- Employee Verification
|Kiosk Mode is enabled! Once launched, Kiosk Mode will be the only option available to that device. Employees will not be able to see any information besides what is available in Kiosk.|
Adjust Kiosk Mode Settings
In the upper right corner, there is a gear. If you select this gear, you can enter the supervisor pin and adjust the Kiosk’s settings. When a device is put into Kiosk mode for the first time, you will be guided through these steps before the Kiosk launches fully. Subsequent uses of the Kiosk on the device will remember the previous configurations. These settings include:
- In this section, you can toggle Employee Pin requirements. If you don’t want your employees to enter a Kiosk pin, then disable this security setting.
- You can toggle the Photo Verification security requirement. This setting takes a photo of the employee when managing their time when using Kiosk. This photo is then added to their profile in busybusy and used as a comparison photo in future photos. This photo comparison system can help eliminate “buddy punching”.
- Within Kiosk Mode, you can lock down what clock-in options are available to your employees. You can lock down the Project, Cost Code, or Equipment that is available to clock into to facilitate a streamlined clock-in process. For example: employees clocking in at the shop may only ever clock into the Shop project and setting the Shop as the default project will eliminate the project selection step.
- Kiosk Mode also allows you to filter employees to specify the group of employees that will be displayed in the Kiosk. New employees will need to be added to the Kiosk in order for their names to show up in the filtered list.
- You can also disable Breaks while in Kiosk Mode so that employees are prevented from going on break.
- You can disable switching. Employees will be locked to what they clock into when clocking in at the beginning of their shift. Unless they clock out and clock back in to change their entry details.
- This tab allows you to see the photos that have been taken when Photo Verification is enabled. This window also presents an accuracy match percentage so that you can catch buddy punching.
- If you are a Manager or Admin, Kiosk photos are also available on your busybusy account on the web. Left Navigation Menu>>More>>Kiosk Photos.
- Exit Kiosk
An additional feature of most IOS & Android mobile devices is the ability to pin and lock an app to the screen so users cannot navigate anywhere else on the device. To learn more about pinning and locking Kiosk Mode onto a device click for an iOS device, click here. For an Android device, click here.
Chat with us by clicking on the busybusy icon in the bottom right corner!
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us: 855-287-9287